Jabber to SMS
Sending SMS with your Jabber Client: A Jabber transport allows
a Jabber user to communicate with other types of non-Jabber
networks. Most Jabber users use a transport to communicate
with other legacy IM services, such as AIM, MSN, ICQ or Yahoo.
With your Jabber client, you can now send SMS messages to
almost every country at a small cost.
Jabber to SMS|
Jabber to SMS (aspsms-t by swissjabber.ch) allows you to send sms messages over the
jabber network through the gateway of ASPSMS. A lot of networks
are supported. A normal text SMS message usually costs 1 ASPSMS Credit.
Jabber to SMS delivers very fast and sends you a jabber message, if your
SMS was accepted by the SMS centre and a second jabber messsage if the SMS
was successfully delivered to the mobile device.
Using the internet-based Swiss SMS-service ASPSMS
you can be sure your message will be sent reliably and
inexpensively (up to 75% cheaper than ‘normal’ SMS
Jabber to SMS offers:
- Text SMS with a maximum of 160 characters. If your message is >160 characters, aspsms-t will split it automatically in more than one part.
- Delivery notification for each SMS with a unique transaction number
- Very fast delivery
- Over 400 mobile networks in 200 countries
- Recharge SMS credits via Internet
- Simple installation and activation
- It can set alphanumeric originator for every SMS. This can be a mobile phone number or a short text with a maximum of 11 characters.
- Made in Switzerland
- And lots more ...
Jabber to SMS is available on several platforms:
Conclusion: With a Jabber client available on almost all computing platforms, including PDA and smartphones, you have a very low-cost and handy solution for sending SMS.
Four steps to Jabber to SMS:
1) Jabber Client download
2) Create a jabber account
3) Please register an ASPSMS account
4) Register the aspsms.swissjabber.ch transport with
Register the aspsms.swissjabber.ch transport with your Jabber-Client.
For Username you have to fill in your USERKEY of ASPSMS.
Then you can send SMS messages to mobile devices
with the following syntax +4178xxxxxxx@aspsms.
Delivery notification for each SMS with a unique transaction number.
End User: How to get Jabber to SMS
aspsms-t is open source. You can download and use it.